Date: 10-13 April 2019
Duration: 1 hour
Panel discussion moderator:
Doaa Genena, Professor of Clinical Nutrition, Medical Research Institute, Alexandria University, Egypt.
- The Elimination Diet: Is there any nutritional risk on following such a diet?
- What about the rotation diets, are they clinically useful?
Panel discussion speakers:
- Sanaa Youssef, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Clinical Nutrition, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
- Food allergy /food intolerance/ food sensitivity: are they the same?
- The clinical relevance of adverse reactions to food (ARFs) should be carefully assessed and evaluated, why?
- Can the early diet and immunomodulatory Factors play a role in food allergy prevention? Would you please explain?
- Mohamed Elmalky, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Immunology, Head of Pediatric Immunology Unit, Zagazig University, Egypt.
- What are the types of allergic reactions? List the Top Allergens.
- In Allergic individuals, are the symptoms in response to the same food usually the same?
- From your experience, which test is the best for the diagnosis of food Allergy? (Prick test (SPT) / serum-specific Immunoglobulin/Sublingual testing/ Provocation testing and neutralization/ oral food challenge or component resolved diagnosis (CRD) etc.
- Ayman Emil, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology, Head of Pediatric GI Unit, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Would you please clarify if there is a link between microbiota and food allergy? Are there any other risk factors?
- If you want to give a short advice about healing the gut and restoring Immune Balance: What is the Dos and Don’ts?
- It was previously thought that most children would "outgrow" their food allergies by 3 years of age; is this the case?
- What do you think about the nutritional value of genetically modified organism (GMO)?
- Scientists say GMO foods are safe but public skepticism remains, Are genetically modified foods safe?
- GMO and Food Allergy is there a link?
- Ehab Khayry, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Clinical Nutrition, Head of Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Unit, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
- Can you remind the audience with the basics for management of anaphylaxis?
- Emerging Therapies- Where’s the Science? Are they currently implemented in Egypt?
- Can we do something, and if yes, what can we do?