Date 10-13 April 2019
Duration: 1 hour
Panel discussion moderator:
Ahmed ElBeleidy, Professor of Pediatrics, Cairo University, Former Head of the Pediatric Department.
Panel discussion speakers:
- Gamal Sami, Professor of Pediatrics and Former dean of Faculty of Graduate Studies of Childhood, Ain Shams University.
- How do you see the current situation of AB misuse and overuse?
- What are the causes and can we do something about it?
- What is the role of pharmaceutical companies in the problem of AB misuse, as being part of the cause and also part of the solution?
- Salma Elhouchi, Professor of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Cairo University.
- What do you do for “clean”, presumably non septic neonate admitted to NICU?
- In Your NICU, what is the real life practice, not textbook one, for suspected sepsis? And does it need to match with foreign guidelines?
- Role of CRP & blood cultures? What to do for culture negative suspected sepsis?
- Do you see cases of fungal sepsis? Do you think it is related to misuse/overuse of Abs in NICU?
- Hafez Bazaraa, Professor of Pediatrics and Head of PICU, Cairo University.
- What is % of PICU patients receiving ABs?
- How you choose antibiotics? (Protocols/Guidelines/Free decision of the attending doctor)
- Did you start to see the multidrug resistant cultures and how do you deal with it?
- Can you remind the audience with the basics for management of acute drug reactions/anaphylaxis?
- Mostafa ElSaeed, Professor of Pediatrics, Assiut University, Egypt.
- What is the real practice in simple common URTIs? (Oral vs IM)
- Do you have an IMS data about AB use in Upper Egypt?
- Can we do something, and if yes, what can we do?
- Happy Kaiser, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, Cairo University.
- What is the current situation and guidelines in UTIs management?
- If you want to give a short advice: What is the Dos and Don’ts?