Date: 10-13 April 2019
Duration: 1 hour
Panel discussion moderator:
Rasha Tarif Hamza, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology, Ain Shams University.
- What does Adolescent Medicine focus upon?
- What is the constitution of Adolescent Medicine health team?
- What are the pubertal disorders that occur during adolescence?
- Could endocrinal disorders be a cause of obesity in adolescence?
Panel discussion speakers:
- Hisham Haggag, Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology, Cairo University.
- How frequent is unintended adolescent pregnancy in Egypt?
- Are methods of contraception different in adolescent girls?
- What are the menstrual problems that occur in adolescent girls?
- What are the causes of uterine bleeding in adolescent girls and how to manage?
- Ranya Adel Lotfi, Professor of Dermatology and Venereology, Ain Shams University, Board of Egyptian fellowship of dermatology.
- What are the common sexually transmitted diseases that occur in adolescent period?
- How to prevent and manage sexually transmitted diseases in that age group?
- What are the common dermatological problems in adolescence? How to treat?
- Enas Raafat, Professor of Child Health, Nutrition National Research Center.
- Is simple obesity a rising problem in adolescents?
- How to assess and manage an adolescent with simple obesity?
- How far is undernutrition common in adolescents?
- How to deal with an adolescent with eating disorders (anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa)?
- Azza Youssef, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Psychiatry, Ain Shams University.
- How frequent is masturbation in adolescent age group?
- What is the extent of sexual abuse in adolescents? How to deal with such problem?
- How to suspect substance abuse in an adolescent?
- What are the signs of mental illness in an adolescent (anxiety, depression, schizophrenia)?