Date: 10-13 April 2019
Duration: 1 hour
Panel discussion moderator:
Yasmin Gamal, Lecturer of Pediatrics and Pediatric Clinical Nutrition, Ain Shams University.
Panel discussion speakers:
- Galila Mokhtar, Professor of pediatrics and pediatric Hematology, Ain shams university.
Speaking about: (Iron)
- What is burden of iron deficiency anemia in Egypt?
- What are the causes and can we prevent it?
- Approach to quick diagnosis?
- What are recent management guidelines?
- Hana Abo El Ghar, Professor of Pediatrics Cairo University, Head of Clinical Nutrition Unit.
Speaking about: (Zinc)
- Burden of disease in Egypt?
- Clinical manifestations of deficiency
- Is there a relation between stunting and deficiency?
- Do we need routine supplementation in Egypt?
- Afaf Abd El Fatah Head of National Nutrition Institute
Speaking about: (Vitamin A)
- Burden of vitamin A deficiency?
- When should we suspect?
- Clinical signs and symptoms of deficiency?
- Mega dose supplementation does it work?
- Concerns of overdose?
- Is the diet enough?
- May Nassar, Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Clinical Nutrition, Ain Shams University.
Speaking about: (Vitamin D)
- What is real burden of vitamin D deficiency in Egypt?
- When to screen for vitamin D deficiency?
- Appropriate prevention?
- Appropriate supplementation?
- Current formulation what is the best form?
- Osama El Asheer, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Head of Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Unit, Assiut University.
Speaking about: (Iodine)
- Situation in Egypt?
- Signs and symptoms of deficiency?
- Do we have proper fortification?
- What are sources in diet and are they enough?