Dear Postgraduate Pediatricians, you are highly appreciated by the 7th Annual International Congress of Pediatrics (PEDIA EGYPT 2019 CONGRESS). For this reason, The Scientific Committee of the Congress decided to open access for your research progress in the Congress for a limited period of time till (25, March 2019). The Abstracts must be in the form of posters, after being accepted by the scientific committee, according to the abstract guidelines.
- Abstracts must be submitted only for poster presentations.
- Abstracts submitted by email only.
- After the submission deadline (25, March 2019), abstracts cannot be modified or corrected.
- Each person may submit up to 3 abstracts as presenting author.
- Only co-authors may replace a presenting author.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees before 25 March 2019 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in all meeting material.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting prior 7th Annual International Congress of Pediatrics (PEDIA EGYPT 2019 CONGRESS).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
Before beginning, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details
– Email address
– Full postal address
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
– Full first and family name(s).
– Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Presentation Type: Poster
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
– Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG only.
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline (25, March 2019) in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Poster Dimensions and Style Guidelines
The poster dimensions are 3’9″ high and 3’9″ wide. Prepare a 6″ high headline strip that runs the full width of the poster. Include the title, authors, and affiliations on the strip in letters not less than 1″ high. Post a large-typed copy of your abstract in the upper left-hand corner. Be sure to note these dimensions as you will not be permitted to extend into another presenter’s space.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Posters should be legible at a distance of five feet.
- The message should be clear and comprehensible without oral explanation.
- The following guidelines have been prepared to help improve the effectiveness of poster communication.
Initial Sketch – Plan your poster early. Focus your attention on a few key points. Try various styles of data presentation to achieve clarity and simplicity. Does the use of color help? What needs to be expressed in words? Suggest headlines and text topics.
Rough Layout – Enlarge your best initial sketch, keeping the dimensions in proportion to the final poster (see diagram). Ideally, the rough layout should be full size. A blackboard is a convenient place to work. Print the title and headlines. Indicate text by horizontal lines. Draw rough graphs and tables. This will give you a good idea of proportions and balance. Ask associates for comments. This is still an experimental stage.
Text Layout – Avoid abbreviations, acronyms, and jargon. Use a consistent font throughout. It is recommended that authors use a 20 pt. font size; this makes the text legible from five feet away.
Final Layout – The artwork is complete and the text and tables are typed, but not necessarily enlarged to full size. Now ask, is the message clear? Do the important points stand out? Is there a balance between words and illustrations? Is there spatial balance? Is the pathway through the poster clear?
Balance – Figures and tables should cover slightly more than 50% of the poster area. If you have only a few illustrations, enlarge them. Do not omit text, but keep it brief. The poster should be comprehensible without oral explanation.
Eye Movement – The movement (pathway) of the eye over the poster should be natural, down the columns or along the rows. Size attracts attention. Arrows, pointing hands, numbers, and letters can help clarify the sequence.
Simplicity – Resist the temptation to overload the poster. More material may mean less communication.
A limited supply of pushpins will be available on a first come-first served basis. Please bring additional supplies with you.
For Abstract Submission, please send your abstract
The 7th Annual International Congress of Pediatrics
Date :- 10 – 13 April , 2019
venue :- Intercontinental Cairo City Stars Hotel – Cairo , Egypt.
• For Registration, kindly visit our
- For More Information :- ● Call Center :+2 01117009600
Ms. Shrouk Mohamed
Mobile : +2 01117009615
Email : email@example.com
● Ms. Souraya Waheed
Mobile : +2 01117009604
Email : Souraya.firstname.lastname@example.org
● Ms. Randa Hussein
Mobile : +2 01117009600
Email : Randa.Hussein@iccgroup.org •
Follow PEDIA EGYPT CONGRESS
@ website,Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, linkedin and youtube.